Saturday, March 21, 2009

Ryan Visits Ikea.

















































































It seemed like sun never stops shining 
on everyones favorite Scandinavian 
housewares retailer. My grayest day 
was broken by my 2 hour visit to the
Shanghai Ikea. Although prices at the
store were comparable to those of the
Ikea in Canton, those price are decidedly
expensive to the average Chinese citizen.
There is one exception to this statement:

The Food.
 
You can get an ice cream cone for 1RMB.
A foot long hot dog with unlimited free 
refills on fountain drinks (pepsi products)
was 5RMB. My time spent going to the Ikea,
walking around the Ikea and returning home
from the Ikea were the most staggeringly crowded, 
boundary testing, personal bubble crushing hours 
of my life.

and I blame it on the free refills.

1 comment:

  1. food is the only reason i go to ikea canton anyways. that store is too much for me.

    ReplyDelete