Monday, April 12, 2010

Perks.
















So, at Trek, I basically inherited all of Chris Jivoin's stuff.
He was a designer at Trek who moved to Boston for a girl
and is dearly missed by everyone. I am using his desk and
most of his miscellaneous things like lockers and filing
cabinets he used during his tenure in the Studio.

I was cleaning out his locker/cabinet thing in the studio
and amongst all the prototype aero bars and one-off SLA
forks, there was this black carbon mountain bike frame.
It has a sticker on the head-tube that is shaped like the
Pabst Blue Ribbon logo but is completely blank and has
no other discernible markings on it. I showed it to everyone
and the unanimous response was "Welcome to Trek, that's
yours now". I guess it was an early carbon mock-up frame
for a design that never made it to market? It does not have
any of Trek's serial numbers on it.

Anyway, I just thought I would let everyone know that my
job renders me free carbon fiber things and that makes it
better than your job.

No comments:

Post a Comment