Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snowocalypse 2011.






































































As the state was declaring a severe winter weather warning,
encouraging everyone to hunker down in their homes, I started
licking my lips at the prospect of an entire city without a
single car on the road.

Kate and I watch from the warmth of my apartment as a
Honda Civic got stuck outside my window for a few minutes.
I took this as the Civc daring me to do what it could not.
Within minutes, I was down in Stella warming up her oil
for a great winter adventure.

I cannot praise the combination of a symmetrical all wheel
drive system mated with Blizzak LM-25's. I went through
snow drifts significantly higher than the center of Stellas
axles without hesitation. It almost became a challenge to
see if she even could get stuck. Various levels of traction
control and Center Differential settings made not difference.
Putting the differential in Full Lock essentially made the
weather conditions seem like they were not even present.

The amount of confidence my car inspires in me is actually
staggering. I find humor that as I type this, I am at home
because as a team, we decided that the road conditions
would be too dangerous to commute to work.

I have no doubt I could commute to work after a storm
twice as treacherous.

And I would do it sideways at full opposite lock.

1 comment:

  1. lucky you! you can't do much better than an sti with blizzaks in the snow. congratulations.

    ReplyDelete